Influenza (flu) is a serious contagious—and potentially deadly—disease that sends many people to the hospital each year. To protect your own health and the health of others, take these three steps to fight flu:
1. Get vaccinated.
2. Take everyday actions to stop the spread of infection:
- Wash your hands often and/or use hand sanitizer
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your sleeve if no tissue is available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
3. Stay home if you are sick (self-isolate) and take antiviral medicine recommended by your healthcare provider.